About the Start-up:
Vee has over 60 Lakh like’s and counting, it got a custom matching engine,which weeds out Spam and lets your connect to your best match, securely…. welcome to the social matching with security :
10M+ profile views
Q) What is the URL of your start-up?
Q) What problem your Start-up solving?or planning to solve?
A)With probably the largest young population in the world, India is a high potential market when it comes to assisting social discovery and relationship building within the community. However, people are still apprehensive about the safety, privacy, and trustworthiness of such platforms. And this is where Vee comes in.
Q) How does it benefit the end user?
A)Vee is the safest place for people to meet eligible and educated singles in their area. We have invested heavily into our product to provide our users (and especially female) with most robust safety and privacy features. In addition to this, we have a strong focus on maintaining high quality profiles on our platform. We only show interesting and relevant profiles to our users based on their details like age, education, profession, city, hobbies and interests.
Q) Is there any unique feature in your start-up product/Service? Which differentiates you from rest of the Products/Services?
A) Product highlights – 3 pillars around security, privacy and trust for women, centering the product on how/why women would love using it
Go Invisible Hide your Info Breakup Feature Profile Screening
Filters Anti-Screen-shot Boot-out Disappearing Chat
1. Go Invisible – It’s like you’ll be wearing an Invisibility cloak so you can see everyone while you are visible only to a few liked by you 😛
2. Hide your Info – Don’t want others to find you on Vee? No problem! Now you can hide your info and no one expect the people you like will be able to know about your existence on Vee! (Your profile pictures remain visible to everyone except that your education/profession details and your full name will be hidden. So instead of “Priyadarshini Gupta”, you become Ms Gupta for everyone which makes it hard to hunt down your profile on Facebook/Linkedin/Google+)
3. Breakup Feature: He says he hates Salman Khan! The ‘break-up feature’ in Vee is what he deserves. Break up with him and he will not be able to contact you.
4. Profile Screening: With our strict profile screening policies, they make sure that every profile that appears on Vee is genuine and real. We disallow people who are married, above 40 or have less FB friends. If other users report any profile as spam/abusive/offensive, every report gets manually screened so that offensive profiles never show up again.
5. Filters: Looking for a 25 year old Mumbai based finance professional? You can set filters based on age and location and see only profiles that match your preferences.
6. Disappearing Chat: He is weird and talks nonsense or sends you offensive messages. No problem. Now you have the power to make the chat disappear from his phone too! Click on the ‘disappear chat’ option and every record of the chat will be deleted forever.
7. Anti-Screenshot: If boys believe that they can always take screenshots of embarrassing chats, they’re quite mistaken. With their ‘Anti-screenshot’ feature, Vee does not allow any of their users to take screen shots!
8. Boot-out: This feature is only available to female users. It gives them the power to boot out offensive male profiles. In addition to like and dislike options on the profile, women can choose to drag said profile down and boot it out into the trash can! All booted out profiles are automatically marked for review.
Q) What’s the current state of your start-up
Q) When was your start-up born?
A) May 2014
Q) How many Jobs your start-up created till to-date
A) More than 30 people employed directly
Q) What business Domain/ Industry vertical your Start-up is focused on?
A) Smartphone-based lifestyle app
About the Founders:
Q) Where you did get the idea?
A The idea was borne out of the strong need I witnessed within me and my friends to meet new people. I believe that human beings have a strong intrinsic need to broaden their social circle and meet new people they find interesting. In this fast-paced world, people seldom get time to socialize and meet people at hangout places or parties. Hence, we have created a hangout place for people to find people that have matching interests.
Q) Founders Li profile :
A) Nitin Gupta
Q) Where is your start-up located?
A)Noida, Delhi NCR
About the Technology:
Q) What Technology Stack do you use?
• Programming Language : php, Java
• Search – Elasticsearch
• Database – MongoDB , Redis , Mysql
• Middleware – Gearman
• Framework – CodeIgniter – framework in php , Netty network framework in Java, Apache CXF , Spring Framework.
• Webserver – Apache , Tomcat , Jetty
Q) Did you do any Technology innovation to bring this start-up to life?
- We have developed our own custom algorithm for matching people and identifying spam users. In the dating world, the biggest problem is that of spam profiles. Our strong analytical and face recognition algorithm keeps our system clean. Moreover, our proprietary matching algorithm, only recommends appropriate profiles to our users
- We have developed our own chatting and presence technology. This allows users to chat in real time and be visible to others when they are online.
Q) Do you use Open-Source Technologies?
Q) What technology stack do you recommend for new entrepreneurs?
A)We are using nosqlMongodb and Elasticsearch for data storage and analysis.Both are very powerful and very easy to use, even under high traffic. You don’t have to spend too much time on scalability.
Q) What inspired you most to start-up? Was the technology? Was the idea? was it the problem?
A)The problem was the main driver behind jumping into this. Having said that, the barrage of ideas that we work on every day keeps me excited
Q) What do you think, if the technology was not available? Would you be able to solve the problem, your start-up just did?
A) Yes, ofcourse. I am very confident about my technology team, and I believe we would have come up with something
About the money:
Q) How did you pool up $$$ to get started/ build a MVP (Minimum value product)?
Q) How did you guys/girls overcome the problem of Chick first egg first (Product first or Investment first) ?
A)We created the product to test the use case. Once we could see a good bit of traction, validating our hypothesis of the string need in the market, we contact the investors
Q) How much are you guys funded now?
A) Pre – Series A
Q) What’s your funding model (self-funded, seed funding, VC etc), who are the Investors
A) VC, LSVP